SMS (Texting) is a powerful business tool for your company, because people are relying on their mobile phones more and more everyday.
Here’s the top 8 reasons why SMS is so powerful:
- 97% of Text Messages are opened with Email coming in at only 20% on average
- 23 BILLION text messages are sent per day
- 80% of people are now using text messaging for business in some form or fashion
- 70% of consumers appreciate getting text messages from their health care providers
- 75% of people would prefer to have offers sent to them via text
- 70% of employees think that companies should use texting for internal communication
- 67 – The number of text messages sent per day by the average millennial
- 1/3 of Business Professionals can’t wait 10 minutes to respond to a text
#What is SMS Marketing?
SMS stand for “short message service”, and it basically refers to text messages. So, SMS marketing is marketing through text messages.
#Is SMS Marketing Invasive?
Because anyone you message is required by law to opt-in and give their consent to be a part of your marketing program, SMS marketing is not invasive.
What is a mobile keyword?
- What is a keyword
A mobile keyword is any word you select for your customers to text in order to subscribe for your alerts. When a customer texts in your keyword, our software automatically captures their phone number and stores it for you in a secure database. In an ad reading, “Text ‘DEALS’ to 12345 to join our texting campaign,” DEALS is the mobile keyword.
- Tips on how to select a keyword
First, you want your keyword to be attention-grabbing. It doesn’t do anyone good if noone sees your keyword. Second, it should be memorable. This is especially useful for capturing people who don’t sign up immediately, but rather decide to do so later at home. You don’t want them forgetting your keyword in this situation. Which brings us to the third tip, make sure it has to do with your business or promotion. This’ll help with both tips #1 and #2.
- What is an auto reply
An auto reply is something you can write up that automatically gets sent to someone when they text your keyword. Have it say “thanks!”, or give more information about your business and what they can expect in your messages.